We thought it would be fun to share some behind the scenes of our shoot with my dear friend Tec Petaja and tips on how to get your garden ready for summer entertaining!
1. The first step in creating a beautiful table setting is to start with an overall color palette. As you know by now, we're huge fans of blue and white and absolutely love this fabric by our friend Mark D. Sikes, which was the jumping off point for our tablescape.
2. We always like to mix and match patterns to add visual interest and a touch of whimsy...a fun way to achieve this look is with a few of our favorite napkins from Serena & Lily plus our signature "geo dinner" and "zag salad" plates from our recent collaboration with Jill Rosenwald.
4. We love a little element of surprise and these cocottes are ideal for serving individual baked eggs (keeps everything warm). They are also the perfect holder for custom place cards by our incredibly talented friend Chelsea Petaja.
6. Comfortable seating is always important for any lunch or dinner party...we're huge fans of the sculptural quality these metal and wicker chairs add - plus, they're super fun to customize with a fabric cushion!
1. The key to a great lounge area is a sofa that's both beautiful and comfortable. We love our Pacifica Corner Sectional. Perfect for an evening cocktail...and just as great for an afternoon nap!
2. Pillows are one of our favorite ways to quickly update any space. We often mix a combination of both custom and "off the shelf" pillows. Our current blue and white pillows are from Mark D. Sikes' Signature Collection. We also love these classic blue and white striped pillows from Pottery Barn and these from One Kings Lane...or you can see more of our favorites here.
3. To make a space visually interesting...it's all about the mix. This sculptural coffee table is the perfect modern surprise in an otherwise traditional space.
1. We love layering in blue and white ceramics to make our bar area feel special. We used the "Small Geo Cocktail Tray" from our collaboration with Jill Rosenwald and a mix of traditional blue and white chinoiserie vessels.
3. Our favorite styling tip is a mix of beautiful fresh flowers paired with potted herbs (perfect for garnishing summer cocktails). Bowls of citrus are the finishing touch for a bar area that's both functional and pretty.
Wishing you a Happy Memorial day with lots of outdoor entertaining!
photography by Tec Petaja