It's the big reveal of our One Room Challenge! Our "guest suite" is complete and we are officially ready to welcome summer guests! Mom and Dad...book your tickets!
We had so much fun with this challenge and thought we'd share some of our favorite areas and items throughout the space plus a few design tips along the way.
1. We love the graphic punch of this Playa Stripe Dhurrie tonal rug from Serena & Lily against the "Pink Ground" Farrow & Ball painted walls. The bamboo shades from Lowe's add the perfect bit of warmth and texture and are easy for guests to close for privacy.
2. A unique art collection makes a space feel intimate and personal. We took a vintage wallpaper sample from the flea market and had it professionally framed....and voila instant art!
4. We wanted our guest to feel pampered so we hid a convenient drink station in one of our favorite vintage cabinets ......filled with water, snacks and a little Espresso Maker.
5. We layered in a vintage sofa that we had reupholstered...perfect for relaxing with a good book.
6. We believe "details really are the design". The simplicity of the Atelier Side Table is the perfect spot for books. We also clustered our favorite collection of blue and white ceramics to add interest and a hit of color to the top of the vintage armoire.
7. The hero of our newly refreshed bathroom is this AMAZING painting by my dear friend Kayce Hughes. I love the super sized scale of the painting and how the classic black and white color palette visually connects back to the guest room. My new favorite!
8. The Balboa Bed from Serena & Lily was the jumping off point for the entire room. We are obsessed with all things rattan and the clean lines of this piece along with the beautiful brass capped legs are stunning. We kept the bedding simple and relaxed....using existing Ralph Lauren sheets and simple white linen shams paired with our favorite vintage blue toille coverlet and black Ikat pillow. The Boston Library light from Bellacor is the perfect accent/reading light...we love it's classic shape, great aged finish and especially love that you can control the direction and angle of the light!
We have had so much fun participating in the One Room Challenge! If you're just joining us and missed our progress, no worries, let's catch up! Click here to see our scary "before" pictures from week one, here to see inspiration from week two, here for actual photos of the space with our fun new pieces from week three, here to find our art favorites from week four and here to see our progress from week five.
Curious to see what the other designers are up to? Check out the other participants below!
The One Room Challenge 2016 Participants:
Claire Brody | The Curated House | Design Manifest | Driven by Decor | Honey We’re Home | Hunted Interior | The Makerista | Making it Lovely | My Sweet Savannah | Pencil and Paper Co. | The Pink Clutch | Savvy Home | Simplified Bee | Sketch 42 | Jill Sorensen | Orlando Soria | Thou Swell | The Vault Files | Waiting on Martha | The Zhush