We've been thinking alot about "Holiday Traditions" this year and how to focus our attention more on "experiences" rather than purchasing gifts. I know....not always easy when you have little ones. So this week for our "Friday Favorites" we thought it would be fun to share our favorite holiday traditions. Wishing you and yours the best this holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!
1. We are so inspired by Caitlin McGauley and just love this sweet painting (above) that she created for her daughter.
2. Each holiday season, we always make sure to plant a few of these throughout the house....the scent is our absolute favorite and we love to watch them bloom right before Christmas.
3. It's our Christmas Eve tradition to have family dinner at Bombay Palace...a Nashville must (and no dishes to clean up)!
4. No holiday season would be complete without listening to this...nothing like the old classics!
5. We love a little healthy competition.....always fun to gather at the kitchen island for family card night in front of the fire after all the gifts are wrapped!
6. Each year....just before Christmas, we gather the entire family (25 people) and head to see this with champagne in tow.
7. On Christmas morning after opening presents...... Benjamin makes the yummiest Eggs Benedict (just like his family did growing up)!
8. One of the most important parts of the Holiday Season ( and so important to teach our children ).... is the gift of giving to others. Each year we sponsor a local family for Christmas through Gentry's Educational Foundation (a cause near and dear to us).
9. Twas' the night before Christmas is hands down one of our favorite holiday stories and hearing Charlie Rose read it really puts us in the spirit!
10. Cheers to the holiday season and making new traditions.......we wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!